Tuesday, September 05, 2006

angels



Well, all I can say is that J has BIG angels watching over him. This happened yesterday in the parking lot at Target. A lady was in a big hurry to get back to work and gunned in out of her parking space without looking and backed right into J. Cais and Wil were with him....luckily, no one was hurt. So now we get to go through the fun tasks of getting the car fixed, driving a rental car and replacing Wil's car seat. Once a child in a car seat has been in an accident, the seat is no longer termed "usable". I have to say that we are so lucky. J had his window rolled down and his arm hanging out of the window. He saw the woman in time and pulled his arm back inside. If he hadn't, we'd be talking a lot more seriously right now. She would've smashed his arm...possibly damaging it for life. ANGELS I'm telling you!

Other than that fun start to our week, all is well. Haven't seen any lice and had a LONG talk with the principal about it. She calmed a lot of my fears. Sam and Hurl are still the best of friends. I know the kid's name is strange, but he is totally cute and just loves Sam. You don't know how I've prayed for Sam to have a guy friend his age! We had a nice weekend just hanging out with my parents. Had dinner with friends on Saturday, church on Sunday and car crashes on Monday! HA! Actually, my parents babied us on Monday and we went to lunch and played mini golf. So, just a nice relaxing weekend. BSF starts next week and my mom is going to be the Treasurer and I will be her assistant! HA! I'm really looking forward to going through the book of Romans.

Hope you all had a great weekend. MATT SELF! IF YOU ARE READING THIS, CALL ME AND LET'S MAKE SOME PLANS FOR YOU GUYS AND US GUYS TO GET TOGETHER!!!!!

3 comments:

Matthew Self said...

Hey Jen! I'm reading! Jess is out of commission right now, but I'll call tonight ... ;)

Marlene said...

Oh my Gosh! How scary! So glad that J and the kids are o.k...yes, angels, for sure!
Hey, give me a call if you still need stuff for your church plant. I'm happy to help in anyway I can!

Alyson said...

I've been wanting to call you, but as you saw on my blog we've been busy. I am so glad J. and the kids were not hurt. It is so awesome to have angels on our side. Sometime I'll tell y'all about some of my angel experiences.