Tuesday, September 26, 2006

misunderstood

I guess I need to clarify what I said in my previous post. I was pretty steamed when I read the article, so a lot of that was venting.
No, I am not mad at breastfeeding moms. I think that if you can do that - great!
No, I do not feel that any of you have made me feel bad for bottle feeding...for goodness sake, Jenell practically drove to my apartment herself to give Cais a bottle!
I am not ashamed of having to bottle feed by kids. Like I said, I'm just really tired of making excuses for doing so.
I AM tired of reading article after article making breastfeeding sound like if you don't do it, you are a bad mom or your kids will be "less than". Disagree if you want, but it's the truth. EVERY mom I have ever met who bottle feeds will tell you the same thing.
Geez people.....don't you know me at all?????

2 comments:

Jenell Coker said...

Yes! I know you! Jeez I was just trying to spark some debate!

Alyson said...

Of course we know you. That's why we felt comfortable having an open discussion. I did not mean to offend you either.