Tuesday, June 27, 2006

surprise



Well...my weekend was great. It was a wonderful time of getting to see all my old friends. Marlene picked me up from the airport and we were both shaking by the time we got to Alyson's to surprise Jami. She was completely surprised and just kept saying that it was unreal!
We had a great time of just being together. Todd, Shawn and Owen were so great about giving up their time to be with the kids. Todd fixed us breakfast one morning and bought us dinner the last night I was there. I felt very loved and spoiled by the time I got back on the airplane.



I realize that this may sound insane, but I do miss Utah. It's so beautiful and COOL in the summer. I really miss Lenny and working at the church. It was great to be back at church. I felt like I was just accepted right back in....Lenny even had me do announcements! HA! But, it also made me realize that my time there is done and it's time to get to work here in Arizona. So, I went to VBS last night with the kids, helped with Cais' class and had a great time.
J survived while I was away, even going to the church plant BBQ by himself! I was proud of him....that's not normally very comfortable for him....his bossy wife usually makes him go to things like that! HA! The kids had a great time with dad and even made me a music video! Fabulous!
Thanks to Marlene and Todd, Alyson and Owen and Shawn for making this all work. Happy Birthday to my beautiful friend Jami - I hope that you had a wonderful birthday weekend and that we have the chance to do that again really soon!

4 comments:

Alyson said...

I'm glad to hear you made it home safely. I have been so tired from coming down off that high. I had a really great time and enjoyed being with you immensely. The only problem is that when we get together it reminds me of what I'm missing now, but I am learning how to just enjoy the time and be thankful for it. Owen has been very sweet praying for me and it has really helped so much. I love you!

Keith said...

Jen,

Even though I don't know you yet, I'm sure I'll meet you real soon as my wife Patty, my daughter Shannon and myself are heading to Amadeo also. I had the pleasure of meeting J at the BBQ and your wonderful children. I also spoke to him briefly at church on Sunday morning. i was wearing a P.O.D. shirt and he was wearing an Underoath shirt. We both have something in common, hardcore music. Glad you had a good time on your getaway. I found your blog on Ben's site then figured out you were J's wife.

Blessings,
Keith

Marlene said...

O.K., I have to admit it was freaking me out a little just HOW comfortable you were back at your "old" church! Just kidding! :)

It's so good to see you excited about this Church plant, after the dry spell you guys have had. We will be praying for you about it, too.

I'm really glad you had a good time here. Thanks for the idea to surprise Jami, and boy, what a surprise it was! I treasure our friendship more than you know, and can't wait for the next get-together!
Love ya!

Jenell Coker said...

I am so glad you had a great time! Happy Birthday Jami.