Tuesday, June 13, 2006

drumroll please...


Ok....here is the picture like I promised. Yes, it's me....in a DRESS! We had a great time in ABQ. The wedding/reception were beautiful and we had a lot of fun. We were able to see people we haven't seen in a long time. It was fun and relaxing. It was great to be with Betty and gain some much needed perspective on life.
Upon returning home last night, we went to Ben and Mandy's house for dinner. Again, a fabulous time and great food! It's just really neat to meet people who share your same ideals and focus. So, thanks to Ben and Mandy! YEA! We are getting even more excited to be a part of this church plant.
OH! Big thank you to God this morning! My parents actually went to church (Ben was speaking) and my dad LOVED it! So, this might persuade them to come as well!
Prayer request this week - WORK FOR J!!! We are confident that something will come through, but we need you all to pray for the faith to really believe that! HA!
We love you guys!
Jen

4 comments:

Matthew Self said...

I remember when Ben and Mandi first started attending VCF Gilbert. They were young and idealistic. What's impressed me since then is a long history of following through in everything they start, doing things in a very principled way. I can't imagine a better couple more qualified to plant a church in our area, and it appears they've surrounded themselves with like-minded people.

I will be very interested to hear how things are developing. I expect them to do things a little differently, perhaps take a few more chances in approach and methodology. Ben and Mandi certainly have a strong grasp of the younger generations.

I'm happy to hear you've landed in their circle! ;)

Alyson said...

All sounds great. I like the dress...I thought it was a skirt! I really like the hem line.

I am excited for you about the whole church thing. I really hope and pray we do not have to struggle so much in finding a church when we move, but if we do your situation brings hope.

Lord, please let J. get some work soon.

Marlene said...

Wow, you guys look great! Glad you were able to go and have some fun!
We will be praying for this Church plant and also for work for J. You guys are faithful, even in the tough times, and He will reward you! Hang in there!
Love Ya!

Jenell Coker said...

I am sure J would like you to put on that get up more often! You both look great.