Friday, April 28, 2006

my birthday angel


Cais is seven today! I can't believe that seven years ago I was in the hospital pushing my brains out to bring her into the world. I was telling her the "birth story" this morning on the way to school and I burst into tears.....and then she did! HA! Like mother, like daughter!
She has had a great day....cupcakes at school, dinner with family tonight and a party with friends on Sunday. She's getting a Beta fish from us and new bedroom stuff. We're going to have a mother/daughter day next weekend. I'm really looking forward to it.
She is so beautiful and getting to be really independent. It breaks my heart, but I'm also excited to see what God has in store for her in the future.
I can only hope that we have the same incredible relationship that I have with my mom. It is my greatest hope!
So, happy birthday my sweet angel girl! May all your dreams come true and may God truly bless year number 7 for you!

2 comments:

Alyson said...

Wow, what a precious picture. She truly is a beauty! I hope the day was fabulous. Tell her we are sorry for not calling; we were out of town. Zion was beautiful and emotional knowing that we will probably not be back for quite some time.

Lots of love!

Marlene said...

Wow is right! What a gorgeous little girl.
It sounds like she had a great b.day, and I hope the two of you enjoy your girl time together. Savor every moment, Jen...it is precious time.
Tell Cais Happy Belated Birthday for us, too. We were also in Zion.
Love you guys,
Marlene