Monday, April 17, 2006

in the air

WOW - what a week! I'm sorry if i've been a little incognito with everyone, but it's been crazy! I can't believe it's Monday again already....wasn't that yesterday? Here's my week:

I don't think I've had the stomach flu since I was pregnant with Wil. And believe me, after this week's bout with it - I never want it again! UGH! First Wil, then J and then me. I'm just really hoping that Cais and Sam don't end up getting it. My dad came down with it this morning....so my name is mud over there - HA!

My treatments are going OK. Found out my insurance will not cover this (big shocking surprise!) so they are going to let me self pay for $75 a shot. Which means about $600 by the time it's all said and done. GULP! But, I'm almost done with the first three weeks....and I have to say that I feel so much better! SO, it's worth it - in the long run.

Easter was great. Went to church and met the wife of the associate pastor. She introduced us to a bunch of people, one being the youth pastor. He is actually going to plant a church out of the Gilbert Vineyard, called Amadeo Church. I believe the web address is www.amadeochurch.com. If it doesn't come up, let me know and I'll try to figure it out. He was super nice. We are actually very interested in this, so we'll see where it takes us. We always were drawn to those youth pastor types! HA! They won't break away until next year, but are beginning to meet in May for meetings and information. So, I have no idea why, but J and I feel very excited about this prospect. I was VERY homesick in church because they sang "Amazing Love" and that's my favorite song to dance to. But, I did take Cais to girl's dance and it looks like a good thing. So, hopefully we'll be able to start plugging in and getting to know people. I'm feeling antsy to "get to work." I know.....it's a sickness!

Anyway, this week should calm down some. Soccer is the name of the game now, so we are gone three nights and half of Saturday doing that. I don't know what we're going to do when Wil starts in the fall! CALGON - TAKE ME AWAY!!

I'm trying to stay on top of everyone's blogs. Jason's latest post (well, the link) had smoke coming out of my ears! You should read what he wrote in reaction. Very thoughtful. I read it to J and he said it sounded like scripture! HA!

We just continue to be amazed at God's timing and provision. J gets calls daily to look at new work. We could still use the prayers though - no contracts yet! But, I just cannot believe how blessed we are to be able to do what we're doing. It's a dream come true.

1 comment:

Tones And Echoes said...

Ugh! insurance companies. It's amazing how expensive it is and more amazing how much does not get covered. (I think I found your blog from jami's or maybe it was jen's and I can't remember who's blogs before that but just wanted to try to encourage you even though I can't really think of how.)