Tuesday, April 25, 2006

feelings

Isn't it interesting how different things affect your feelings? I am not one to get my feelings hurt very easily, so things that would roll off my back really hurt other's feelings.
I was faced with a situation last week where something I wrote here hurt someone else's feelings. While I didn't look at it as hurtful, the other person really was upset. So, I removed the post. Honestly, I didn't want to - they are MY feelings/opinions/observations of life. But, I found that I also didn't want this person to have hurt feelings over what I said.
Unfortunately, I find that I'm irritated and feeling like MY privacy has been invaded. I want to be able to say what I want to say without feeling questioned at every turn. This is why I started blogging. It was more to have contact with my friends than anything else. When you only talk once a week/month on the phone, it is hard to remember everything you want to say. So, this is great, because I can sit down, type it out and no worries! Or so I thought......
So, I'm rethinking this blog thing. Maybe I'll post again and maybe not. If there is something important I need to say - check your email!

4 comments:

Marlene said...

Well, Jen, I have never known you to be defeated so easily. Sure, we are sorry that someone's feelings got hurt...but, this is a place for you to be free to voice your opinion, as we all know you are so good and so honest at :), and not have to worry about what others think. Am I wrong? Like you said, this started out to be a place for friends to keep in touch with each others lives. Why should we have to worry about what we write? Isn't that the point of sharing our lives with the people we care about? So, with that said, I hope you don't stop blogging, because I enjoy your posts and pictures and lets face it, none of us are that great at emailing.
Love you and miss you lots!

P.S. I agree with Jami...if you're going to read...be brave enough to post!

linda: off the loom said...

Jen,
I can TOTALLY relate to your frustration. I live in a fish bowl most of the time. It sucks, but I have to just be who I am and not worry about the rest. If I offend someone and know about it, I apologize and go on, and hopefully that person will too. Many times I apologized when I just didn't understand why that person was so upset. I do it anyway to keep peace. And then there are the times I've been offended, but never got squat from anyone 'cause I'm just a robot without any feelings!

Dana said...

I would hate to see you stop blogging. It was such a blessing to find you and be able to talk again. I know that I would truly miss you, and I worry that it would become harder to stay in touch. Like you said, this IS a place for you to talk about YOUR feelings and keep in touch with friends. If somebody gets offended, they need to understand that it is not an attack, rather it's a place for you to vent. Besides, if they cannot get past it after you've dealt with them, they need to take it to God.

Jen, I love your posts, they are so real, and show what you're dealing with. They are really touching, and I can relate in so many ways.

Like Jami said, if you are going to read, leave a post. Also realize that this is someone's feelings and not an attack, and by turning it into one, you are attacking the blogger. So if you are going to read, have some grace.

I love you Jen, and miss you very much. Lots of blessings.

Jenell Coker said...

I don't know what happened, and I do agree that this is a place to express oneself, however we do have a "webpage" with a blog. People are being hired or not because what they write on their blogs. We let a lot of people in to our lives this way. When you put my name in a google search my blog is the first thing to come up. Jason’s is the second. I have many people at church who have found my blog and never comment… it drives me crazy!!! It is what it is. Jen I love your blogs and part of me agrees with Chris, but this is a public forum and something to be considered when putting it all out there.

I'll take any communication you can give me, in whatever form