Saturday, March 11, 2006

weekend reflections

Well...it's raining! And raining and raining and raining! It started at around 2-3 am and hasn't stopped! I think it's trying to make up for the 142 days of no rain... But, it's great. I was beginning to worry that the weather was just a little too perfect here! HA!

We were supposed to start stretching ourselves by going to a breakfast this morning at our new church (Gilbert Vineyard) and J woke up this morning with PINK EYE! ARGH! So, we had to nix those plans and are just sitting at home listening to the rain and actually enjoying the peace of the day.

My parents and brother's family are out of town this weekend, so we are having some nice one-on-one time with my grandma who is here visiting from Denver. She is so much fun to be with. She is 87 years old and still walks about a mile a day! I can only hope to be this spry in my old age!

Have you ever heard the song "100 years"? There is a line in there that says, "I'm 33 for a moment.....33 and you're on your way..." It's really not my favorite song, but I really like the whole point of the song that time is really short and we should live life because we only have a hundred years to live. I'm turning 33 in a week or so and I can't believe it's gone so quickly. I feel like I'm on the verge of really becoming who God made me to be and I do feel like I'm "on my way" at 33.

House hunting is proceeding. We looked at six houses this week and are going to look at three more this weekend. We're hoping that we can find something with four bedrooms, but the prices here are unbelievable! I looked at a 1400 sq. ft. home that they wanted $265 for! ARGH!

Anyway, looking forward to a nice, peaceful day. Hoping the same for all of you! These are all the "deep thoughts" I could come up with today. As you can see, I am having a very shallow day - HA! Love you all!

1 comment:

linda: off the loom said...

Hi Jen!

It's me, Linda P. I found your blog off of Jason Coker's blog. I just created mine a few weeks ago.
So great to read all the deep and inspiring thoughts. Well, check my blogspot out. I would love to be a part of your links section.
I'm into looming these days, and have found a fufilling gift through it to bless others. Come and see. . .
Off the Loom
Ciao,
Linda P.