Saturday, March 25, 2006

perspective

Isn't it amazing what the Lord can do in just one short day? Yesterday at this time, I was curled up in a ball, sobbing my eyes out. Today, I have had a pretty good day. I did a garage sale with my mom, made a little $$$, went my niece's birthday (got a sunburn - in MARCH), went shopping with my birthday $$$ and had a really nice evening with my family.
Perspective is an interesting tool that God uses to slap me upside the head. I am not dying, my life is not over, I am not out on the street. I have wonderful friends who love me and support me at every turn. I have a fabulous husband who loves me and loves me enough to know when to stay away and when to be at my side. I have three healthy, beautiful children who love me so much that they want to "kick that lady in the butt...", even though all I did was yell at them all day. I have the best family EVER - encouraging, supportive, protective - eveything you could hope for. We have a nice house with a great deal on the rent. We are not destitute, we are not poor, we are not losing anything.
This was really no one's fault. Frustrating, but true. The lady who messed up the information, didn't do it on purpose. She had no malicious intent. She made a mistake.....can I say that I haven't?
So, life goes on. We are going to continue to rent our house, pray that housing prices start dropping and cling tight to the perspective that God has showed me today. Thank you all for your kind words and phone calls during this time. It meant more to me than you'll ever know.

3 comments:

Dana said...

Hi Jen,
I miss you and your family so much! I just wanted you to know that you are in my prayers and I am thinking of you . I also have a blog now, and I would love to hear from you. I miss you all and hope to see your friendly faces sometime in the near future, and Happy Birthday. Blessings.
With lots of love,
Dana Hernandez

Jenell Coker said...

Good for you!

Marlene said...

Isn't it amazing what a day can do for your Perspective. I'm so glad you picked yourself up and are moving forward with life. HE has something bigger and better in store for you!
Love ya!
Marlene