Sunday, February 12, 2006

a time to laugh


I, like Jenell, am recovering from my girl's weekend. We had a wonderful time and it was sad to see both Jenell and Alyson return home. I have slept a LOT since their departure due to the intense 2 am gab sessions and laughing my butt off all weekend...too bad that doesn't really work physically - HA!
We all need a time to laugh. A time to see what's around us and appreciate all that God has done for us. I realized that I am in love with the sunshine and am so happy that it's 80 degrees in February. Not everyone's cup of tea, I know, but for me this is paradise. I know that the 115's are coming just around the corner, but I'd rather that than the 20's.
This weekend, I laughed and I cried, but even more than that it made me feel at peace with our decision to move here. This is where I belong.

3 comments:

Marlene said...

Ahh, perspective is a wonderful thing! I'm so glad you guys had a good weekend. No, Phoenix is not everyones cup of tea, but it truly is where you belong, and I'm so happy for you, and happy that you KNOW you are home. Its funny, I know several people right now that are questioning God about where they are living or what they are doing with their life. (including myself at times). It is so wonderful to hear that you and J KNOW that is where God wants you and where YOU want to be as well. How very comforting that must be.
I'm really happy for you! Lets talk soon...
Love ya lots!
Marlene

Marlene said...

By the way...you guys all look great! What a cute picture!

Jenell Coker said...

Good comment Jami! I second that Jen is a Hottie!!! I miss you Jen.