Saturday, February 18, 2006

old friends

We have recently been visited by two of my dearest friends as well as a couple that we were in home group with back in Heber. It is still so amazing to me the friendships we made in Utah. I feel so blessed with the knowledge that there are so many people all around the U.S. that love us and consider us their friends. Do you have any idea what a gift from God that is? There are many people who cannot even count on one hand their friends, and yet here we are counting on our fingers AND toes!

God is good - ALL THE TIME. Even when we don't feel a part of things, even when we are crying out for something new, even when we are so lonely our heart aches, God is good and He is with us. Believe me, I have felt all of these things....still do a lot of the time. But, God is here and He has provided so much for me and J and our family. We have been able to make friends with two couples, just by being in the right place at the right time. Coincidence? I think not!

After reading everyone's blogs of late, I know that this is a common theme that is running between us. I just want to encourage all of you to reach out and trust the process that God is leading you through. I KNOW it's hard and I KNOW that it may not be where you want to be. But, God is always reaching out to you, waiting for you to trust Him enough to know that HE knows what is best for you. Trust enough to understand that even if it's not the answer you want, know that it's God's best for you. I have begun to pray "Your will Lord, not mine..." Difficult for me, as I am such a control freak it's scary! But, I have found that the times in my life that I feel the most fulfilled and happy are the times I have let go of what I wanted and let God do His thing.

I am praying this for each and every person who reads this blog, old friend or new. May we all have the faith to stand and grow where we are. We have a lot to offer this world - never forget that!

2 comments:

Matthew Self said...

May we all have the faith to stand and grow where we are.

What a great and wonderful challenge. That means being still and waiting on God, which is not my specialty.

God bless!

Jenell Coker said...

Funny I am reading this thinking who are the old friends? Then I thought OH it is me! Am I old? Love Ya