Tuesday, October 25, 2005

tv

I used to love TV. I had my favorite shows...I anxiously anticipated season premiers, sweeps weeks and finales. Now, I am left feeling irritated by those same shows. Shows that I have invested several years of my viewing time into.
For example....Alias. This is by far my and J's favorite show. Sadly this year they have decided to reduce it to a shell of its former self. They killed off the love interest (Michael Vaughn) and now Sydney is five/six months pregnant (like Jennifer Garner in real life) and is still fighting the bad guys in search for Michael's killer. Last night I looked at J and said "do they HONESTLY expect me to believe that a five month along pregnant women is able to book it up 10 flights of stairs?" "I could barely make it up five stairs without having to stop and catch my breath!" It's like the writers forgot the audience they were writing for. Most people who watch Alias are my age. They moved it to Thursday night at 7 pm - right when most of us are putting our kids to bed! It used to be such a smart, well-written show, enjoyable to watch and anticipate. Now, we tape it and sometimes watch two episodes at once, fast forwarding through the stupid new characters and plot lines.
You may think I have issues with TV. That maybe I should be living in the real world instead. But, I like to relax and live someone else's life for a couple hours a week. I'm just so disappointed in all the shows I watch this year. They are boring, tired and the same. YUCK!

2 comments:

Jenell Coker said...

I hate all the commercials

Marlene said...

I have also found myself getting frustrated at TV lately. The shows that I used to look forward to watching are just not the same anymore. The new shows are not that great either. I have to laugh at times when I pass thru the living room, the TV is on and nobody is there watching! It's just on! There seems to be very little "family" friendly shows on these days, and we find ourselves doing other things for entertainment, like reading and playing games. I hate commercials, too!