Friday, October 14, 2005

Bed Twister

2:19 am - I am laying in bed wondering what in the world I ever did to deserve having to sleep with my children! I have NEVER advocated the family bed, but yet here I am wide awake with one kid in my bed and the other two coming in and out! I am terrified of sleeping alone, so with J gone last night, I decided to let Cais sleep with me. Sam and Wil decided that they would rather sleep in Cais' bed instead of their own. So, with everyone fast asleep, I went to bed, fervently hoping that I could actually sleep.
WRONG!
About 2:15 am, Sam falls out of Cais' bed and comes crying into my room. He wants to sleep with us. So, being the "good" mom , I let him. About 2 min. later I am totally regretting that decision and decide to move him into his own bed. That works for one minute until he had to go to the bathroom and wakes me up to take him. Wil in the meantime is having the coughing fit of a lifetime and Cais decides that she would like her body on her side and her legs on mine! ARGH!
Back to 2:19 am - I am tired. Tired of never getting enough sleep, tired of playing bed twister with my kids, tired of J having to be in Anthem.....Of course HE gets to sleep in his OWN bed, blissfully unaware of the havoc his children are wreaking with my sleep! Bed Twister is a game NOT for the faint of heart. It requires a great deal of skill and patience. I personally have NO patience, so you can understand how this is all going for me!

Note: I finally fell asleep around 2:45. Wore up at 6:30 to get myself and the kids ready. Got Cais off to school and called J. Turns out he had no sleep, as he worked ALL NIGHT! So, I guess I can't complain.

1 comment:

Jenell Coker said...

hi you! Love ya lots
jenell