Monday, July 31, 2006

anniversary/changes

Good Monday morning!

Just returned from my anniversary trip with J. We had a great time. It's amazing to me that after nine years, he can still surprise me! We dropped the kids off with my parents Sat. afternoon and went to see "Pirates of the Caribbean - 2". A great movie - almost as good as the first one, in my opinion. He then took me to The Boulders, a really beautiful resort in Scottsdale. We had so much fun. They had resturaunts on the property, so we ended up eating there and walking all around. Picked up the kids Sun. afternoon and had lunch with my parents. The best part was that he saved his money to do this, so nothing went on credit! WHEW!

It was nice to get away and relax with J. We haven't had a lot of time to do that and we probably won't get to do it anytime soon again.

For those of you who don't already know, we are closing Aion. J started his new job with Viejo Construction today. He is starting up a brand new division of their company - General Contracting. So, he will still get to do the gas stations, just under their name instead of ours. This will give us much needed stability, both emotionally and financially. We are on the verge of bankruptcy, so we are both glad that we will have some income coming in for the first time in about two months. I am in the process of looking for a part-time job...hopefully something that won't take me away from Wil too much.

So, lots of changes coming our way! Cais and Sam start school a week from today. Not quite sure if I'm ready for all this, but they are both so excited to be going back. If I do get a job, my mom will take Wil for the times I have to work. But, if that doesn't work out, there are 8 million daycare centers around! I'm feeling sad that I might have to do that, but I think Wil will be fine. He is such a happy boy and very social. He loves his "people" (that's what he calls his family), and you would be amazed at how many of you are included in that!

Have a great week!

4 comments:

Matthew Self said...

Glad to see God blessing you in your time of need, Jen! I can relate all too well.

friend said...

congrats on your ninth!

Alyson said...

Sad, but exciting. I know that this is not how y'all expected or hoped for things to turn out, but I trust that the future holds great things and I am anticipating hearing about it. You're right, Wil will be fine. I feel your regret about possibly putting him in daycare or even having your mom watch him, but he will probably really enjoy it. I know that I have worried about that way more than my kids ever did...they had a blast! Anyway, God bless you in your new adventure. I'll be praying for you and please tell J. hey for me. I miss you guys.

Jenell Coker said...

I am so glad you got out and had time with J. Jason and I with no family in town do not have a lot of options with our 15 year in a few days. Tell Wil happy B-Day. He will be fine Jen! Bless him with others in his life who love him. He is old enough to have other caregivers who will dote on him