Friday, May 05, 2006

god is good...all the time

I need that to be my mantra, especially during times like these. It's so easy to fall into the "woe is me" type attitude. It's during the times that are the hardest that we need to remember that God is good and He is in control.

J and I had a night out last night for the first time in forever. We went to a housing seminar to qualify for this super new loan (Acorn Housing). It was interesting, but there were like 60 people packed into a room the size of the kitchen at MVCF! Tight and HOT!!! But, we are looking forward to the process and hopefully this will give us "reality" in finding a house. We were able to talk and have dinner afterwards. It was great. It's been hard to find those times together lately. So, it was a good time of communication and bonding.

Just be praying that J gets a contract soon. He has so many irons in the fire, but nothing for the right NOW. Scary. But, he is hopeful, so I CHOOSE to be too.

Anyway, I've been through the ringer this week. Cais had her first ear infection and I'm taking Sam in this afternoon because we think he has one too. AND all three have had pink eye at various points this week as well. ARGH!!!!!! I think I need to go back and get my medical degree, so that I'm not spending a gazillion dollars on dr's. appointments.

Looking forward to the weekend. Going to have a "mother/daughter" day with Cais tomorrow. We're going to get pedicures! HOORAY! She's really excited. Soccer games, shopping and movie night with the kids are in order for us this weekend. Hope you all are going to have a great weekend as well. Remember.....God is good...ALL THE TIME!!!!!

1 comment:

Alyson said...

I'm glad you have good perspective. It is so hard to keep when things are tough.