Thursday, December 28, 2006

Freedom

This has been an interesting season for me. I have really enjoyed Christmas and all that the holiday offers. It has been fun to give and to receive. I have loved seeing my children understand the difference between Santa and Jesus.
I received a new gift this year - freedom. The freedom not to care if I gained 5 lbs. over the holidays....freedom to say goodbye to the past and the hurts that lie there....freedom to embrace the future and actually look forward instead of backward.
Here's what started me on this journey....myspace. I know...I know....not a likely place to gain freedom. However, it was through this media that I was faced with memories from the past and felt the need to deal with it once and for all. I'm not going to bore you with all the details, but sufficed to say that I argued with God and He won. He had me contact someone that I didn't want to , had no intention of every speaking with again really. But, I did it and I have to say that it felt good. The response was not overwhelming - really quite underwhelming, but for once it didn't matter. I felt the need to release that poison from my soul and I did. I can't say that I will ever be a part of this person's life, but now I don't have to cringe whenever I'm faced with the prospect of seeing them.
I have a long ways to go before I'm completely free, but I feel like I've taken a major step forward. Happy New Year!

5 comments:

Alyson said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Alyson said...

I am so excited for you! Congratulations!

Dana said...

Oh Jen,
Is always so exciting to hear what God is doing in a sister's life. I am truly blessed to hear about your wonderful gift of freedom. I will keep you in my prayers. How exciting!!

Marlene said...

Wow, I know I could use a little "freedom" regarding a couple of people in my life! That is awesome, Jen, and I'm so proud of you for taking action...It's got to feel really good! Way to go!
Happy New Year!

gathering lilies said...

Cool, Jen. I think 2007 is going to see freedom coming into the Church in many new ways, so you're right on the cutting edge at the beginning!