Tuesday, December 12, 2006

An embarrassing predicament....

So, I was headed down the stairs Saturday night when I literally "headed" down the stairs. My foot slipped on the top step and I flew up in the air and down six stairs right on my bum! OUCH!
I was so embarrassed! I cried and that made the kids come out of their rooms.....good grief! Man oh man was I (and still am) ever sore. Sunday morning I could barely move! I'm sure people at church thought I was walking weird and VERY slow.
The most embarrassing thing is that for two days I could not sit down comfortably! Sunday, I couldn't sit down for more than two minutes at a time...I was pacing in the back of church.....maybe Ben thought I was interceeding or something....HA! Today is the first day I'm able to sit without wincing or wanting to throw up.
AND THE BRUISE! Oh man, you should see the bruise. J took a picture, but it was a little too personal to post on my blog, if you know what I mean! HA! You all know that I bruise really easily and this is the WORST bruise I have ever had! It was a huge knot in it and is currently dark purple......
So, I've given you all your laugh for the day! Enjoy it! HA!

4 comments:

Keith said...

Wait until it turns green. Man oh man I could tell you some stories about my partying days. I would wake up with bruises but other folks would have to tell me how I acquired them. Ha!

Alyson said...

I find myself loving the colors that bruises take on. There are so many different shades throughout the course of a good bruise. I am just glad you didn't break anything.

Marlene said...

Alyson, you are too funny!
It sounds like this is one of those times when it's not funny at the time, but you will look back and laugh at yourself for years to come...how funny that must have looked!
I'm glad you're still in one piece!
Geez, be careful!

Anonymous said...

I'm just glad that you can finally sit down. You looked like you were in so much pain on Sunday, even though you did try to conceal it really well.