Sunday, October 29, 2006

one year later...

I just realized that it's been just a little over a year since I started this blogging process. It's funny when you go back and look at a year's worth of writing and see how much you've changed and how differently you view the world around you.
For me, I realize that I have a much more realistic view of life than ever before. There have been several things happen in the last year to make me realize that life is definetly what you choose to make it. You can either decide to lay down and die, or pick yourself up, dust off and move forward.

Choice is a difficult thing. When I was a kid, I couldn't wait to be able to make my own choices and do my own thing. Little did I realize that those years were the golden moments of life. Choices were made for you - no deciding where money was coming from and to whom it was going to. You lived life freely - no constraints of time, money, cell phones, children, mortgages, etc... What a life!

As an adult, hindsight is 20/20. I long for the days of childhood. Somedays I would like to just ride my bike outside for hours - without the pain on my knees! HA! But I do see that being able to make my own choices is one of the greatest teaching tools I have ever had in my life. I don't regret my choices, because I have either learned something from the results, or they have shaped my into who I am today.

I have recently been challenged with a choice in my personal life. It has pushed me to the brink of who I am and what I believe about life and loving others in general. Never before have I had to dig so deeply into myself and press into God as I have in this situation. But through this challenege I have come into a new awareness of what choice really is. It is obedience. It is sacrifice. It is giving up control of what YOU want and viewing the situation through God's eyes. Agape love...look it up...live it for a week....my challenge to you....

In other news....we are moving right along! We qualified for the house and now we have to figure out how to pay for it! HA! Pray for us as we seek God's will in this. Going back to work is looking like the only option, so pray that God will provide the right job with the right schedule for me. Will probably start looking after Christmas.
We are getting ready for Halloween on Tuesday. I'll post pics then - should be cute!
Hope all is well where you are. I'm so looking forward to the holidays - my favorite time of year. Remember....Phoenix is beautiful in the winter....come visit!

5 comments:

Keith said...

Bless you Jen. I love your blog. You, J and the family are a wonderful blessing to Amadeo. And I still think that breast fed babies are dumber. :-)

Keith said...

I guess I should clarify something about my comment above. It's an inside joke people. The breast feeding comment. I didn't want to start getting hate mail from those that don't really know me. :-)

Hannah said...

Seriously...I so agree with Keith. I have been loving getting to know your family at Amadeo. I am saddened that I'm not going and that it will be moving to Sundays in December and the fact that I'll only see your family on Wednesdays. They can be so rushed. Just wanted to say you have an amazing family, and I'll just have to visit Amadeo every once in a while to keep seeing you guys. :)

Marlene said...

Sounds like you guys are making some amazing new friends! (sniff) I just noticed that I too passed the 1 year mark as a blogger. Wow, time flies! We are praying that you get the house and all goes well with that. You'll have to post pics of the kids in costume...I will try to do the same. Miss you...let's talk one of these days!

Jenell Coker said...

Funny! When we are children we mark growth in height. As adults sometimes, I think we a shocked to find we are still growing.