Thursday, September 03, 2009

Who knew??

Blah - I hate mornings! The only time I enjoy waking up early is if it is raining. But, I h;ave been trying to get some weight off and so exercise must come early in the morning. Just don't have time to do it any other time!

There is a new post going around on Facebook called "I've come to realize..." It's very interesting to read what people are writing there, so I thought I'd try it here.

I"ve come to realize that this year has been incredibly hard, but has also brought me into a closer relationship with God.

I've come to realize that my mom is an amazing woman and has incredible faith in God and in others.

I've come to realize that my dad is always going to be my daddy and I am so appreciative of all his love and support.

I've come to realize that my husband is one of the most amazing people I know and it is so great to see him finally be able to live out his dream of owning/running his own business.

I've come to realize that my sibling has hurt me beyond anything I could've ever dreamed, but I also have come to realize that only he is responsible for his life and his actions and I can no longer place the blame on anyone else. He has chosen his path, and while I may not agree, it is HIS choice.

I've come to realize that friends are more important to me than I thought.

I've come to realize that my kids are so cool and I cannot wait to see them grow up and become the amazing people that God is making them into.

I've also come to realize that J and I have had a huge influence on our children and that God is constantly working on us so that we can work with them.

I've come to realize that the reason why I dislike going to church so much has a lot to do with my own attitude rather than anyone or anything else.

I've come to realize that I am happy with my life and I need to live in that instead of always looking to the "what ifs" of life.

So, anyway - an interesting exercise for the day. Hope you all have a good one! Maybe try this one on your own and see what you realize!

3 comments:

MC said...

blogging is so helpful in unloading!!! One day I'll blog more!! When we were in ecuador there was no choice I HAD to make time for it! :) Kuddos to you for starting up again!!!

Alyson said...

that's awesome, jen. i did the exercise on facebook...check it out. we have all come to realize so much over the years. i wish we were still together, but i believe that many of the realizations we have gotten have been because we were all apart. i miss you.

LizAnn said...

loved it! Thanks for sharing.

It is possible that this list will change for you over the years... I think if I had done this list 20 years ago and then now it would be different.

I agree with Alyson...being away has been very depressing and difficult for me but hopefully it also caused me to grow and to realize some things since I've been in isolation.