Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Tired

Today is a sad day. I just got a phone call from my best friend, Jenell. She told me that they have given her mom only a few weeks left to live. Noli,(her mom) has suffered from breast cancer for about 4 1/2 years. Her body is so tired and it's time to go home.

It's easy to say that but it's quite another to live on the other side of that sentiment. I am watching Jenell at one of her lowest points and I don't know what to say or do. I end up saying stupid things that don't mean anything. I just don't know what else to do...it's a helpless feeling.

I'm tired of watching people I love suffer from this disease. Noli isn't the only one who is suffering from cancer in my life. My cousin's husband Robert has been given his own diagnosis of brain cancer and he too has only a few weeks left. His wife (my cousin) died about 5 years ago from a rare form of cervical cancer. When/if he passes, he will leave behind two boys (11 and 8)parentless. This breaks my heart...as a mom it's almost unbearable to hear that.

Please keep both of these people in your prayers. Not only them, but their families as well.

1 comment:

Jenell Coker said...

you don't say stupid things! I love you