Sunday, December 04, 2005

fun

How long has it been since you've had some good old-fashioned fun with your spouse? To be honest, before yesterday it had been awhile for me. We decided to have our Aion Christmas party...HA HA HA....yesterday. SO, my parents took the kids and we went to go have some fun.
And we did! We went to see "Walk The Line" (which I have to say is one of the top 5 best movies I've ever seen...if Joaquin Phoenix doesn't at least get nominated for the Oscar it will be a shame.)and got a large popcorn and coke (which I never get, because it's too many calories). We held hands and cuddled during the movie. We had such fun! We then went to Chili's for dinner and had soup and steaks (which I never get because it's too much $$). We talked and laughed and ate and laughed some more. It was so much.....fun! We did things that we never get to do because of kids, money or dieting. It was just one day...but it was much needed. We've been so occupied with the business and kids that we have been neglecting our marriage.
I think that sometimes we get so busy with everything else that J and Jen get lost in the shuffle.
And speaking of fun, we went to the Gilbert Vineyard this morning. We were really nervous, because we didn't know a soul. But, everyone was really friendly. It reminded me a lot of Jason and Jenell's church. There are three services on Sunday morning. The pastor was someone that preached at the Tempe Vineyard this summer, so we were familiar with him. This Sunday was "Table Church." They do this about 4 times a year. They set up round tables and everyone sits together and does like a small group. There were discussion questions and an actual ministry time! This is much more like the Vineyard's that J and I are familiar with. They have their own facility and it is really nice. So, needless to say, I was impressed. They do have a dance team - HALLELUJAH! It was enough to make us want to check it out again next Sunday. I think that my parents and Matt and Chris would enjoy it as well. SO, we'll see! But, it was hopeful!
Anywhoo...it was a nice weekend. Lots of FUN!

2 comments:

Marlene said...

Boy, I hear ya! I can't remember the last time we went out, just the 2 of us, on a date. But, now that our financial class is over, maybe we can use a sitter for that once in a while. Glad you had so much fun!
The Church experience sounds like it went well. Like I said, you'll know its right when its right, and maybe this is the one.?? I was thinking about you this morning...the high for the day is 22, and the low is 10! Don't you just miss that??? (ha ha) We have snow, too! Take care and good luck with your Church hunt!
Love Ya Lots!

Alyson said...

I am so glad to hear that y'all had such fun together. Sometimes it is the little things that help so much. Owen and I went out on Thanksgiving Friday for lunch and a matinee and it was the same thing- some much needed fun together time!