Monday, December 12, 2005

Christmas

I hope that everyone's holiday plans are going well. We leave for ABQ on the 23rd and return home on the 27th. Christmas cards are on their way, half the Christmas goodies are made, gifts are all bought (except for J's dad, for whom I never know what to get), and all the decorations/tree are up. It's hard to feel Christmasy when the leaves are just now changing on the trees, but I have to say I'm loving the 65-70 degree weather! I miss you all so much. I'm having quite a bout of homesickness right now. But, I do NOT miss the snow! We went to a boat light parade this weekend and they had snow there for the kids to play in. Needless to say, we pretty much avoided that area! HA! I love being with my family; but after having made all of you my family for eight years, I can say that I really miss you all too!
I hope that you all have a great Christmas. Enjoy your families, play in the snow and remember that Jesus loves you all so much.

P.S. - If you have not read the book "Christ the Lord - Out of Egypt" by Anne Rice, you have to get it! One of the best books I've ever read. If you didn't know, Anne Rice is a born again Christian - doesn't regret the Vampire stuff - but is writing in a new direction now. Jason, I would really be interested on your take on this book. Fascinating!

2 comments:

Marlene said...

Hey Jen,
O.K., I know you are going to laugh at me, but oh well. I haven't worked in 11 years, and all of a sudden I'm having to do the whole Christmas thing around work, and I'm failing miserably!!! I have tons of stuff to mail, that I haven't even purchased yet. I haven't decorated nor have we gotten a tree yet! And Christmas cards, well, ha ha ha!!!What is the matter with me??? I'm totally stressed out! But, I have FAITH that everything will work out and run smoothly in the end...it always does. Besides, I love working again, so I'm just going to have to make it all work out!
I miss you, too, Jen, and wish you and you're family the best Christmas and a prosperous New Year!
Love Ya Lots, Marlene

Jenell Coker said...

I want to read that book!!!